Working as a trainee business administrator performing a variety of administration, office support and customer service tasks with an opportunity to learn more specialist skills dependent on your interests, strengths, and aspirations. Your will be paid to study for a Certificate 3 Business over 12 months period within the State Government Department of Education and Training, Apprenticeships Victoria team. This role can lead to further employment on the conclusion of the traineeship for the right person.
- General administration, customer service and support
- Reception duties
- Coordinate and support meetings/ events
- Support supervisors and senior managers
- Correspondence and general business communications
- To communicate clearly with colleagues and stakeholders.
- To provide a considered response to customer enquiries, requests for service and business transactions across multiple communication channels.
- Data entry and maintenance of databases, registers, distribution lists, reporting systems and team mailboxes.
- Raising purchase orders, entering goods received notices
- Administrating simple forms of subcontract, making payments
- Support the preparation and delivery of meetings, minutes, travel arrangements, training, events and evaluation activities.
- Update data of records in various systems for data quality, data input and data audit purposes.
- Assist in preparing reports as required.
- Support all other administration tasks across the team as required.
What you need:
- Ability to work under supervision to achieve tasks.
- Support and undertake teamwork in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
- Basic skills in managing time and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and support with a diverse range of internal & external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and positively contribute to the team.
- Ability to discuss and resolve minor problems relating to the position on a day to day basis.
- Skills and knowledge acquired through secondary education.
- An eye for detail
- An interest in and experience of working in customer service
- Basic understanding of systems, technology and communication platforms (e.g. websites, social media)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn
- Languages other than English are a bonus
- Police check will be conducted with successful candidates
- Must be Australian or NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident
- No previous Certificate 3 qualification (unless part of VCAL and you will need to provide evidence)
- Proof of double COVID 19 double vaccination
This is a State Government YES Traineeship and you will need to be aged between 15 and 29
More YES Trainee information – https://jobs.vic.gov.au/help-for-jobseekers/skill-and-training/youth-employment-programs
Full time 38 hrs per week
Available for shifts between 8.30am – 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Flexibility with hours and start finish times for the right candidate
You will be employed by BSL Given the Chance whom will give you full support to help your success.
Location: 271 Collins street, Melbourne VIC 3002
National Training Wage: $18.58 per hour