The Ai Group Apprentice and Trainee Centre is partnering with Solar Victoria to encourage businesses to offer apprenticeships to women in the solar electrical and heating and cooling industries. Our host company based in the Pakenham area has a large focus on the Western suburbs of Melbourne making this a great opportunity for applicants living in the West.
Ai Group Apprentice and Trainee Centre is a Group Training organisation who employs apprentices and trainees the places them with Host Organisations. We provide support for all apprentices and trainees by way of our mentoring program which fits in with regular visits to the workplace and TAFE.
- Commence an apprenticeship within a growing renewables sector
- Provision of applicable allowances and extra financial incentives throughout the two-year program
- Ongoing one to one mentoring for the duration of your apprenticeship
- All training fees paid for
- PPE provided throughout the apprenticeship
- Additional milestone payments through the women in solar program
- Additional tickets including working at heights, working safely in the solar industry, white card, first aid
- Mentoring from experienced industry professionals
- The ability to earn money while learning a trade
- A dedicated field consultant to support you throughout your apprenticeship
- A nationally recognised qualification – Certificate III in Electrotechnology
Your duties may include:
- Understand plans and specifications for installation
- Solar Installation
- Cable Installation
- Drill holes, install mounting brackets, then cut, shape, and thread piping through walls and floors
- Install compressors, condensers, evaporators, motors, air filters, switches, gauges, copper lines for steam, gas, refrigerant, fuel, oil, chilled water, and compressed air
- Test, install, and fill systems for leaks using gas or fluid
- Test units and make modifications as needed
- Repair and replace faulty components of industrial and household refrigerators and air condition units.
- Cert II in Electrotechnology (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- Eagerness to learning new skills
- Positive approach to workplace safety
Must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to work in Australia
Ai Group Apprentice and Trainee Centre are an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Please Note: We thank all candidates in advance for their applications, all applications should include a short Cover Letter with a current resume. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted at this time.