A great opportunity to earn extra income while helping your community.
38,000 short-term roles have been created to help deliver the 2021 Census. The roles are short-term and available in cities, towns and regional areas nationwide. The flexible working hours are variable and includes weekdays, weekends and evenings.
Field Officers – 20,000 jobs available across Australia
Field Officers are a crucial workforce that will help people participate in the Census. This includes:
- delivering Census instructions and forms and visiting households that have not yet responded
- promoting Census participation and answering peoples’ questions
- helping members of the public who need special support to complete the Census.
To apply, visit Census Jobs Adecco.
Other Census roles
We are looking to fill a range of roles for the 2021 Census. You can find vacancies on the Census Jobs Dashboard.
Census field jobs entail working with the community to help people to complete their Census. Field roles include:
- Field Officer
- Field Manager
- Community Field Officer
- Local Engagement Officer
- Census Engagement Manager
- Remote Area Management Team Leader
- Remote Area Management Team Member.
There are also a number of office-based roles, including:
- Field support centre
- Census Escalations Team
- Census Operations Manager
- Warehouse, scanning and data verification
- Data entry and coding.
You can find vacancies on the Census Jobs Dashboard.
You will need to complete an online application form.
A selection process will be conducted, which may require job applicants to complete phone interviews and video interviews, depending on the role applied for.
Job applicants being considered for employment will need to complete a national police check and citizenship check.
What we are looking for
We need a range of people with different experience, such as experience supervising small teams for our Field Manager roles, and customer service experience for our field support roles.
We’re also looking for people who can speak a language other than English, as well as people with experience working with diverse population groups including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- people with disability
- people experiencing homelessness
- older Australians
Being motivated is more important than being experienced
For many of our roles, previous experience isn’t needed. We’re looking for motivated people who can work variable hours including weekdays, weekends and evenings, and want to earn extra income in a short-term role while helping to tell their community’s story.