Working for Victoria – vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria
Victorian State Government Initiative helping Victorian jobseekers to find work and employers find workers. Available to all people who have lost their jobs or businesses who need more workers due to the impacts of COVID19
Jobs Hub – dese.gov.au/covid-19/jobs-hub
Australian Government support for jobseekers and employers to connect in a rapidly changing job market. Jobseekers can explore available job opportunities and use online tools to identify similar jobs- matching individual skills to a broader range of options.
Contains tools and tips for jobseekers, including how to improve job search and application skills. Includes useful COVID-19 article series with information on current job opportunities, online training advice and skills assessments focused on helping displaced hospitality and retail workers.
Job Outlook – joboutlook.gov.au
Comprehensive website containing a wide variety of Career Development resources, including:
- Skills Match – to help individuals identify how skills developed in past jobs are transferable to new jobs
- Career Quiz – to help individuals think about work preferences and get career ideas
- Explore Careers – to learn about the future outlook, pay scale, main tasks and other demands of specified careers
- Explore Australia – to discover how the jobs in demand are changing in each local area
- Explore Industries – to learn about the different industries people work in and what kinds of jobs there are in those fields
- Future Outlook – to find industries and jobs expected to grow in the future
For those interested in starting their own business, this website provides information on the support that may be available through ‘New Business Assistance’ with NEIS
Victorian Skills Gateway – skills.vic.gov.au
My Skills – myskills.gov.au
Dedicated to the exploration of vocational education and training (VET) courses and providers throughout Australia. These websites provide guidance on the range of VET courses available, average training fees and a list of training providers who deliver each course, including RTOs who are able to offer government-subsidised training.
Course Seeker – courseseeker.edu.au
Exploring higher education study options, including short courses. Provides course information, entry requirements, admission processes and student satisfaction survey results for all undergraduate courses offered by Australian higher education institutions, to help prospective students make informed decisions about future study.